Wednesday, December 20, 2006

A short Meme

Elizabeth, I have been tagged.

Year's End Knit-analysis

1. What is your absolute favourite project you've ever knit (one that fulfilled both process and product)?
I think this would have to be my lovely Hedera socks by Cookie. Since being finished they have already survived a couple of washes. Wear them at home and out.

2. Which of your handknits do you wear the most often?
Grey Gedifra sweater, it is just fabulous, I washed it endlessly and nothing affects the yarn. Sweater is classy, so it is a favourite for Uni and out occasions. In fact I probably wear it once a week.
The runner up contestants will be Gray Bolero form the same yarn the sweater is (maybe it is something with me and Gedifra Merino Delux or me and grey colour?) and the latest VK beret (it is freezing right now and this beret seems to be my warmest hat, plus it is wind resistant).

3. Which of your handknits are you most proud of?
The baby combo and my future Phildar jacket if I will ever finish it (I love the look of stockinet stitch, but absolutely hate working it).

4. What was your favorite gift to knit?
I have a big family, so my gifts turn out to be baby/toddlers/children clothes. This year I did make my niece happy (or her mother) with combo, jacket and yet another combo. I also did a present for my sis 5th birthday.

5. Which of your handknits are gathering dust your closet?
My first knitted sweater, I don’t like they way the neck line looks, maybe I will pull myself together and re-do it next year. I also don’t really wear Spencer gloves as I find them cold and uncomfortable.

6. Which of your handknits have you gotten rid of?
My summer’ attempt to crochet-Green bolero. I hate the thing, now I have a suitable model for the yarn. I also frogged several hats I didn’t bother showing here.

7. If you've knit socks, what is your favorite pattern?
I didn’t knit that many yet. For now it is Hedera (you can read my praises for it before).

8. What would you like to make in 2007?
As usual, the list is endless, let just say that I would love to knit up as much of my stash as humanly possible.
I bought some fantastic lace yarn last month and Victorian Laces Book, so something interesting may turn out to be a birthday present for my granny (she is 70 next year)

9. What have you learned about your craft in 2006?
I re-learned sock knitting, no-needle-cabling and crocheting (still don’t like the last one).

10. What events/sites have you particularly enjoyed in the blogosphere in 2006?
I opened my own blog, that it is the main thing; joined several KAL on the Russian Knitting forum. For me it is a lot, but I wish I joined Knitting Olympics when it was on.

No comments: