Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I am back...

Hi, I am back or sort of back... I will be using this blog to keep me motivated with my weight loss and not knitting because really I do not have much time for knitting with work completely taking over for now. In August I have started WW but did not like it and after coming back from a conference in September decided to take more drastic measures by completely cutting down some carbs and sweets and going to the gym 3-4 times a week. I did lose 10kg and started to feel much better...

However with work being the way it is now I have no time for the gym and want to start running in the morning instead because I could do it at 6-7am before work. But with my current weight it is a bit tricky, 3K in 25min is my maximum with 2 short breaks and being out of breath for the next 40min. Another issue is salt. I love salt, I am addicted to it and can eat by itself, and as a result my joints are starting to hurt. Last two weeks had been particularly painful as my 2nd MCP on the right hand was killing me and what is worse preventing my lab work.

To do it ideally I would like to fast for 40days... My parents are both huge fans of water fasting and have been doing it at least once a year for the past 10 or so years, but I could only manage 10 days once. So I am not sure I can do it right now. Instead I am starting a buckwheat diet for the next 7 days. And if I am fine after it I will reconsider a 40 day water fast.

The diet is simple I can eat up to 250g of hot water boiled buckwheat a day with no butter/oil/salt added to it, absolutely plain, with last consumption being at 7pm (6 hours before sleep) I can also drink as much water as I fancy.

So, today is day 1: My weight is 78kg and currently I am consuming a minimum of 2.5-3L of water a day (not counting tea and coffee).
My goal is to lose 6-8kg and most importantly lower my water consumption to 1.5L a day.

I will be measuring my blood sugar levels in the mornings (starting tomorrow) and hopefully with blog daily to keep myself motivated.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. I am impressed with your determination. You have set yourself a really tough goal and I hope it all goes to plan. I understand restricting some of the foods for a short term, but cutting down on water to 1.5l - is that safe?

Best of luck!

Navi said...

Good luck! sounds tough