Saturday, March 31, 2007

Spring

Finally I feel some change, not only on the outside but inside as well. I despise the feeling of being ‘up in the air’ and it is exactly what I have been experiencing recently. Thank God it is all over and I can start knitting again.

To get the sense of the spring I wanted a knit with summery yarn (bit tired of wool), something cheerful, happy, and bright.

The pattern that immediately came to my mind was Monkey. And monkey means cheeky, playful, carefree…. Here the choice of yarn came in, or rather the choice of the colourway: Happy Valley from Lorna’s Laces.

I personally think that it is the great colour choice as pattern can be easily distinguished and it is cheeky enough to be worn out with keds and shorts and a geeky t-shirt. Oh, I want summer!!!!

The meterage of the skew is so generous, I think I will cast on a mystery item with the ends (my own design representation of my boyfriend's ingenious idea)






PS: Ava, thank you for your congratulations (I still don’t know how the retrieve peoples email form their comments).

No comments: