Sunday, February 25, 2007

Sick and Tired

The Phildar Jacket is finally done and it is such a sense of relief!!! I don’t like the end result; don’t even think it will grow on me: it is way too small in length and the cut is not mine.

I have to admit, this is my first adult piece from a French mag and French shaping is not for me. I am more on the German line with big feminine curves. I know I am not as skinny as I would like but even so, I did knit my normal size(size 3) and it is too uncomfortable.

So, I have decided t give it away to my mum, she is slimmer and shorter and overall has a completely different body type. Fingers crossed it will suite her and will not be thrown away.

Model: Gilet (21) from Phildar Tendances 436
Yarn: Phildar Pure Laine 3.5 650gr in colour Chameau
Needles: 3.00mm and 4.5mm

2 comments:

OLGAJAZZY said...

A, you have nailed this pattern! Yey to a Phildar virgin! I hear those patterns are such a mess sometimes!May be not the patterns, but bad translation there of! I love the color, you are a knitting machine!

Navi said...

You did a lovely job, is a shame you didn't like it, hope your mum likes it.

I loved your blog, and your Demi is looking gorgeous I hope to start one myself soon.