Monday, February 12, 2007

Miranda

I had a very long and busy weekend with very small amount of knitting done. I wish I have done more but there was simply no time.


However, I did manage to finish Miranda socks for my boyfriend, only to find out they were not for him. It is not that they came out too small; it is the whole shape of the leg part. My boyfriend’s cuffs are straight and not curvy as mine, so the leg part of the sock was waving like a flag on him. However, after a wash in a fairly hot water, they became a perfect fit for me (I have a large feet for a girl). So here it is in a colourway of Harry Potter’s scarf:


Pattern: Miranda from Knitting Vintage Socks by Nancy Bush
Yarn: Jaeger Matchmaker DK 2.5 balls of discontinued colour pumpkin and 1 whole ball of brown
Needles: Addi DPN 2.5mm
Modifications:
the rib is 5 rows shorter
there are 5 extra rows of plain st st after the last pattern repeat of the foot before the decreases
the toe is wide instead of pointy, I don’t like pointy toes’ fit


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cute socks!