Sunday, October 18, 2009

CRUK 10K in Cambridge



I've run my second race today and oh boy was it a difficult one for me! For starters I do not like running on the grass particularly if it rained the night before, I also do not enjoy running on the grass where cows roamed... It is very difficult to believe but here in Cambridge there are cows roaming large public grass land. Since it is "public", animal right activists think they have the right to put their cows there and apparently they do. I've been a vegetarian for the past 9 years now but even I cannot stand them, they block the path and they do their dirty business everywhere... So imagine 2000 people running on that field, I was not impressed. But some of the path was through colleges and fellow gardens and that I have to say was amazing, particularly once the sun came out.



By the time I've done 5K I thought I would die and during the last one I was literally counting meters down. I thought that was strange since I always do 10K on my practice runs now and this Tuesday I went all the way to 10miles... so I was pleasantly surprised at the finish line to find out I run my fastest 10K ever with just over 60min (usually I am 10-15min slower!). I have another 10K race coming in just under one month in London, so hopefully I will improve my pace even more...



And on the knitting front I am slowly but surely sticking to my sweater, I am now about 25% done (based on the overall number of yarn); I am knitting the main body in the round since I do not like sewing parts together (particularly stripy ones) and it must be about 1/2 of the length...hopefully in 2-3 weeks it will be finished, so I can finish Camden sweater for my DB birthday

No comments: