Sunday, December 02, 2007

Presents

I know I haven’t been blogging... there is a combination of having little time and little desire to knit. Uni shrink says that if you do not feel like keeping up your hobby, you are depressed. And I guess I am, mentally I am finding my PhD very-very hard, and it just sucks up all my energy and will-power. But with a little help and holidays coming soon, I fell like knitting again.

So, here are two presents I have knitted for my friends in last one and a half months:




Pattern: Swan Lake (aka Mystery Stole 3) from MS3 KAL
Yarn: 1.2 balls of JaggerSpun Zephyr Wool-Silk 2/18 in Vanilla
Needles: Addi Lace circulars 3.5mm







Pattern: I love Gansey socks from Six Sox KAL
Yarn: 2 skew of Lorna’s Laces Shepherd Sock Solid in Old Rose
Needles: Addi Lace circulars 2.5mm
Modifications: the Celtic knot (as has been discussed in the group); added 5 rows of garter stitch before toe decreases, so it is symmetrical to the top of sock


2 comments:

Navi said...

I don't know how can you give those away, beutiful work.

I hope you feel better, holiday rest and food are as good as anything.

Elemmaciltur said...

Sorry you're in a rut. I hope you feel better soon. But with all those gorgeous knits, it seems that your mood has lifted. :-)