Monday, May 21, 2007

Mimosa

Is finally done! But to be honest I am not sure about this one: it looks like it makes me fat visually and I cannot decide on how to close it. Initially I wanted to use buttons, but it looked bad, so here it is without it.



Pattern: Pink Mimosa from Interweave Knits Summer 2006
Yarn: 8.5 balls of Debbie Bliss Cathay in colour Wedgwood/ Blue-Gray for size 3.
Needles: Addi Turbo circulars 3.5mm, 3.75mm (for the st st border, not in the original pattern), 4.00mm and 5.00mm
Crochet hooks: Pony 2.5mm (I can use it any time ;)) and 3.75mm for assembly, closing and fancy edges
Modifications: I recalculated the waist shaping for size 1-2 (1.5), because I do have an unconventional figure; knitted the st st border in identical length to lace border just because I thought stitching them together (grafting) will look better; I don’t like seaming, so instead of binding off the st st border, folding it in two and seaming to the cast on row, I bound it off directly to the cast on row using crochet hook and 3 needle bind off method







In other news, I am going to Russia for 2 weeks tomorrow, but I am hoping to blog from there.

3 comments:

Navi said...

I like it as an open vest and I love the fabric the cathay makes.

Have fun in Russia, what kind of yarn can you get there?

AV said...

Thank you, I ll answer here as I dont know how to extract your email from the comment (I am stupid).
U can get all sorts of yarn in Russia, Turkish mostly. Something like Alize or YarnArt. I dont know, the quality is not as good as here but it is very-very cheap. Last time I went I was planning on buying freenzy and ended up with only 2 balls.

Unknown said...

It's lovely on you, good job! Where are you going in Russia?