Thursday, December 28, 2006

Cry Me A River!

My River shawl/stall is done! Finally after almost 3 months!!!
This is my first lace project and it surely wasn’t easy for me. To be entirely honest it felt almost as my first knit because I knitted 30 rows, spotted a mistake and then had to rip something like 10 rows and start all over again. It was a love-hate relationship and there were moments when I felt like Penelope and moments when I wanted to throw it away and never see the damn thing again.

And then it was the artistic torture of blocking it. Blocking like many other things in life needs perfection which comes with the experience, so there will be other lace projects next year ;)




Pattern: River from Rowan 38
Yarn: 2 balls of Rowan Kidsilk Spray in colour Medici
Needles: Addi 7mm 40’ circulars
Modifications: none

No comments: