Tuesday, February 27, 2007
To stay sain, I listen for my favourite band: Silverchair. Just though you might like to check out their new video on the new song (first after 5 whopping years of silence). I have to admit, I am slightly too exited and paranoid about it, have to watch it 10-20 times a day; I am sure it will make me sick eventually but for now I am loving it!!!!
Sunday, February 25, 2007
I have to admit, this is my first adult piece from a French mag and French shaping is not for me. I am more on the German line with big feminine curves. I know I am not as skinny as I would like but even so, I did knit my normal size(size 3) and it is too uncomfortable.
So, I have decided t give it away to my mum, she is slimmer and shorter and overall has a completely different body type. Fingers crossed it will suite her and will not be thrown away.
Yarn: Phildar Pure Laine 3.5 650gr in colour Chameau
Needles: 3.00mm and 4.5mm
Saturday, February 17, 2007
If you feel you might do with some of that inspiration yourself please check out Olga’s lovely blog for latest catwalk pictures and a new book by Twinkle.
About my actual result, well here it is. WARNING: high picture contents ahead.
Remember, I knitted the skiing sweater from Cascade Magnum earlier this winter. I was never fully satisfied by the neck and it only took 5 balls of yarn rather then 6 mentioned in the pattern. I was planning to use the ball on a mystery original design but last night the longing for the big turtle neck took a grip over me and I had to knit.
I picked up the sweater, the extra ball and I can now reveal my very own modified version of the sweater. There are 7 different ways of wearing the huge neck.
Wednesday, February 14, 2007
I am getting towards the end of it now with fronts, back, 2 sleeves and one pocket being done. I now need to finish the second pocket and knit a huge front plank. And then of course I will have to wash, block and assemble it, not a small task but I will get there.
So, instead of being constant I stated that new impulsive knit: the Ripple Weave socks from VK Fall 06. Something is not right with me, ever since I finished that Christmas stocking I became bewitched by the whole sock knitting experience, I have to knit it. Strange, isn’t it? As soon as one pair is done I must find another one. And I bought this glorious Sundara Sock Yarn; it is the best sock yarn I worked with ever!!!
One sock is done now and I better hide the remaining yarn and work on that cardi before I cast on the second sock.
Monday, February 12, 2007
I had a very long and busy weekend with very small amount of knitting done. I wish I have done more but there was simply no time.
However, I did manage to finish Miranda socks for my boyfriend, only to find out they were not for him. It is not that they came out too small; it is the whole shape of the leg part. My boyfriend’s cuffs are straight and not curvy as mine, so the leg part of the sock was waving like a flag on him. However, after a wash in a fairly hot water, they became a perfect fit for me (I have a large feet for a girl). So here it is in a colourway of Harry Potter’s scarf:
Yarn: Jaeger Matchmaker DK 2.5 balls of discontinued colour pumpkin and 1 whole ball of brown
Needles: Addi DPN 2.5mm
the rib is 5 rows shorter
there are 5 extra rows of plain st st after the last pattern repeat of the foot before the decreases
the toe is wide instead of pointy, I don’t like pointy toes’ fit
Saturday, February 10, 2007
So, this week, all I had to do was to knit it, which I did.
I firstly opted for the original look and got it by making a shorter double hat but I looked absolutely awful in it, so ugly in fact, I made no pictures and quickly ripped it before anyone could see me.
With the second attempt I took my time: I knew what look I wanted to achieve, it was just the matter of actually doing it. Here it is: my own Mushroom hat.
Yarn: 3 skew of Blue Sky Alpacas
Needles: Addi circulars 15mm and 20mm
Friday, February 02, 2007
Anyways, as soon as I finished 2 pieces I blocked them, I was just curious about the outcome as they rolled into tubes and I could not envisage the design. I also started the back immediately; 40 rows done by now, not much, but something.
The blocking itself was very complicated, I have spend no least then 53minutes on it!!!. This is because I could not do it right about 4 times, eventually I ended up blocking them wrong side up, it doesn’t make any difference but decreases and increases are much more visible.